William Millington was the first minister (or chaplain) to hold the two parishes of Badsey and Wickhamford in plurality. He had been collated by Christ Church to Badsey as early as 1643, but owing to the national troubles was unable to claim the benefice till the Restoration, when he was newly collated to both livings. He was a Worcestershire man, from Cropthorne, a graduate of St John's College, Oxford, and was in his late fifties when he came here. His wife, Anna, died in September1663 and was buried at Badsey, but next year at the age of 60 he married Anne Dingley in Wickhamford Church. He died in 1677 and was buried at Badsey.
According to the Badsey churchwardens in 1674 he was "a very honest good religious man and performs all duties belonging on him both with reverence and gravity and performing his duty in the church duly and constantly".