Thanks to the dedicated work of a team of volunteers from The Badsey Society, a complete transcription of the the Lloyd George Valuation Office Survey records for Badsey, Aldington, Blackminster and Wickhamford (undertaken as part of a national survey between 1910 and 1915), is now available giving detailed information about land ownership in these parishes. This under-utilized resource is a goldmine for local and family historians. It complements the 1911 census so, with both resources available, it helps us to have a better understanding of the living conditions of our ancestors in the years leading up to the First World War.
- What was the Valuation Office Survey and why was it undertaken
- How the Survey was carried out
- A century later, how The Badsey Society undertook the transcription
- Valuation Survey Records for Aldington
- Valuation Survey Records for Badsey
- Valuation Survey Records for Offenham
- Valuation Survey Records for Wickhamford