Skip to main content

LEESON (mid 20th century) - The Leeson Family at Wickhamford Manor

From India to Wickhamford

On 17th July 1947 George Lees-Milne completed the sale of Wickhamford Manor plus six and a half acres of land for £10,400.   The purchasers were three siblings: married sisters, Cynthia Muriel Batty (1909-2006) and Joyce Dorothy Sandys-Lumsdaine (1910-2000) and their younger brother, Patrick George Leeson (1915-1997).  The trio were children of George William Leeson (1875-1951), who had been an engineer in India and his wife, Bertha (1882-1964).

Saturday 22 July 1944 – Arthur Jones donates Bronze Age axe to Cheltenham Museum

BRONZE AGE AXE

The prehistoric collections at the Cheltenham Museum have been enriched by the addition of a bronze socketed axe.  This axe was found near Chipping Campden some little time ago, and passed into the possession of Mr A E Jones of Badsey, Evesham.

It belongs to the late Bronze Age, which began at about BC 1000 and went on until the Early Iron Age which started at BC 500.

Lodge Park Drive

How did the road get its name?

Lodge Park Drive has a postal address of Evesham but is located in the parish of Aldington and the Badsey ward/electoral division.  The road is so-called because it is named after Aldington Lodge which was built on the land in 1858 and demolished in December 2018.